We prepare by empowering our people. To date, investments in the AHS physician community include:
- 1 CMIO and 5 Associate CMIOs
- 5 Provincial Physician Design Leads
- 62 Medical Informatics Leads
- 22 Provincial Knowledge Leads
- 39 Physicians enrolled in Power User training, 7 already certified
- 32 Physicians started Physician Builder training, 11 already certified
- Over 400 physicians participating in Clinical System Design
- 13 Provincial Physician Trainers certified
This cadre of capable physicians will assure CIS uptake through leadership, role-modelling, user-group facilitation, Super User mentoring and committee/council/workgroup participation. Even greater numbers reflect growing capacity in clinical operations and multidisciplinary teams.
Experience teaches that a large and complex health information system initiative attains success first through well-organized communities of capable people, second through solid processes and last through a well-configured CIS product. We are building momentum!