How much has changed! Connect Care has gelled as a truly provincial initiative. Diverse professions, programs, patients and partners have come together to promote a common purpose. The scale of collaboration is extraordinary, possibly a defining event for our decade-young organization.
Here's just a few of the many accomplishments to celebrate:
- Adopting an innovative provincial oversight strategy, with committees, councils and advisory groups providing governance, advocacy and community connection.
- Engaging thousands of experts so that Connect Care reflects their needs and aspirations.
- Planning and managing six high-impact Direction Setting and Adoption & Validation conferences in just eight months.
- Laying the foundation of our new system through extensive design and build work, with many thousands of workflow decisions, and all core clinical system design, already complete.
- Preparing for implementation with wireless infrastructure, launch sequencing, data conversion, training strategies, readiness preparations and capacity-building well under way.
- Supporting over 60 specialty workgroups as they guide customizations for their areas.
- Certifying over 250 configuration and training staff, plus many physician builders, all contributing to our design and build.
- Distilling widely divergent scales, measures and flowsheets in to a strong set of validated tools for provincial use.
- Embraced productive collaboration, not only between clinical, operational, corporate and IT teams, but with a vibrant group of patient advisors embedded at all levels of oversight and guidance.
Profuse thanks to all who have stepped up to put their time and effort into this ground-breaking initiative!
Anniversary highlights are nicely summarized by our CEO: